Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    I was browsing ebay this morning and came across this pair of 604H with 612 cabs. Brand new from what the seller says. Anyways I am more interested in specs of these than actually buying them. I don't have an extra 7,500$ bucks right now

    I didn't know they made any AlNiCo 604 with the mantaray horn. Isn't that horn a 7/8" throat? I checked my 604 reference site and indeed the 604H is the last AlNiCo 604. And it did come with the mantaray.

    So is there a horn/driver mismatch on these, or is the horn a 1" throat?

    New Pair of Altec Lansing 604-8H Speakers with 612C Cabinets in Original Boxes | eBay

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BillWojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2016
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    I can't answer your question but for that kind of money I would want nicely verniered cabinets, not something that looks like it came out of a night club.

    BillWojo

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member juniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2011
    Posts
    368
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    Interested in this also! What sounds better to most ears, I always assumed that the h would being a newer horn type. Why did they reduce the coverage angles in the h model? Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    I prefer the gray cab Altecs. There is something about industrial look that makes me think of them as more of a tool/piece of equipment than a piece of furniture that goes in the living room. Plus the gray Altecs sound the same and are cheaper than their veneered siblings.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    The ones I like are the rare silver gray cabs with these decals: http://home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/sit...c_a7_decal.jpg

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    The ones I like are the rare silver gray cabs with these decals: http://home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/sit...c_a7_decal.jpg

    GM
    there goes the price
    Sonic Barbarian

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: AlNiCo 604H with mantaray horn

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    The ones I like are the rare silver gray cabs with these decals: http://home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/sit...c_a7_decal.jpg

    GM
    Those are pretty cool! I haven't seen those decals before. Is that an original style? If so what models did they come on? Older A7's maybe?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.